(Image via http://youtu.be/G4JK6LHg_n8 , not an official image.)
EDIT: Turns out these are in fact the specs for the new GoPro HD Hero 3+ so looks like we'll have to wait until next year for the 4!
Ambarella, the company that makes the image processor for GoPro cameras just revealed the specifications for their next SoC (System on a Chip).
Looks like the GoPro HD Hero 4 may be coming out for Christmas 2013?
Here's what the GoPro HD Hero 4 will be able to do:
4K Ultra HD H.264 Encoder
- Film in 4k resolution at 30fps
- High Profile with B-frames for high efficiency
Super High Frame Rate Modes
- Film in 1080p at 120fps
- Film in 720p at 240fps
- 700Mpixels/s oversampling performance
- Multi-exposure HDR and WDR tone mapping
- Electronic image stabilization (EIS)
- Improved MCTF with advanced sharpening
- Remote viewfinder, playback
- Upload pictures and video to social media
There is even some speculation that the GoPro HD Hero 4 may have two lenses side-by-side
allowing for integrated 3D filming capabilities, but this has yet to be confirmed.
Full details and chip teardown are available on the Ambarella site.
Stay tuned to the GoPro site for details, the announcement could be coming any day now!