GoPros and the competition

So we all know Go Pros are numero uno, however what other camera's companies are on GoPros heels?
i just got a gopro3 anyone got any tips for a noob? i think contour look really sick and the new action shot hd is cheaper than gopro but still pretty good
Last update on February 19, 2:50 pm by whisdude.
i have a problem with my gopro hero 3 where it shows a plus symbol woth a motorbike, its stuck like that and cant get it to do anything else. Anyone else had that problem and know how to fix it?
whisdude said...

i have a problem with my gopro hero 3 where it shows a plus symbol woth a motorbike, its stuck like that and cant get it to do anything else. Anyone else had that problem and know how to fix it?

Just one of those bugs, take out the battery and continue on. the hero 3 used to get stuck if you held the button to turn it on for too long.
Idol Manufactoring Photo/Videographer <br /><br /><br /><br />"Your stupid is making my smart hurt."<br /><br /><br />You know you're a longboarder when... <br />When you consider using you e brake in your car to slow down and corner<br />When you see a yoyo and wonder how it handles in the rain<br />When you pull standies in your socks on a hardwood floor<br />When you get a bump wile driving you car and the suspension wobbles and you first thought is how am i going to ride this out<br />When you get a F on a research paper on primates and apes because you wrote about inheats

Just one of those bugs, take out the battery and continue on. the hero 3 used to get stuck if you held the button to turn it on for too long.

Tried that doesn't work Unhappy Apparently the Gopro3 does have regular freezing problems because of protune and needs a firmware fix for it, but this seems like something else. I can turn the camera on without the mini sd card in there actually, but as soon as I put the card in it just shows the plus motorbike symbol. The manual says it means the file is corrupted and you can press a button and it will fix it, but i tried it and left it all day and nothing happened. I thought maybe the card is messed up or something or the data on it is corrupted but just tried it in another gopro hero 3 and it works fine, I can watch the videos with the little screen.

Sigh....guess I will need to try and talk to gopro about it, if anyone has any tips lemme know!
Last update on February 25, 10:24 am by whisdude.
I finally fixed it, had to put the mini sd into my computer and format it using a usb adapter. Then the card still didnt work on the camera it just said SD ERR so had to go into settings on the camera and select the garbage can to reformat the card and now it's working again. Guess it was just a corrupt file or something, hopefully this helps someone else out one day!
Comments:
Anyone know anything about these Action Shot camera's? I've seen a lot of ads for them on this site. HD camera for "under $50".
Rob Lewis said...

Anyone know anything about these Action Shot camera's? I've seen a lot of ads for them on this site. HD camera for "under $50".

They have limits, I think they were that it can't do more than 30 fps or 1080p, one or the other.
Idol Manufactoring Photo/Videographer <br /><br /><br /><br />"Your stupid is making my smart hurt."<br /><br /><br />You know you're a longboarder when... <br />When you consider using you e brake in your car to slow down and corner<br />When you see a yoyo and wonder how it handles in the rain<br />When you pull standies in your socks on a hardwood floor<br />When you get a bump wile driving you car and the suspension wobbles and you first thought is how am i going to ride this out<br />When you get a F on a research paper on primates and apes because you wrote about inheats

They have limits, I think they were that it can't do more than 30 fps or 1080p, one or the other.

the new action shot hd is actually pretty sweet and only $100 so great for people who dont want to drop large cash on a gopro!
Comments:
They have Travis Pastrana, it's got to be good!
Comments:
I dig the black and orange
Comments:
Check out Rollei's ActionCam S 50:Nitro Circus Edition! http://www.rollei-actioncam.com/cms/index.php?id=4...